These unique and rewarding freelance audit opportunities would suit experienced bi-lingual (English- Mandarin) & qualified audit professionals that are flexible, love diverse travel experiences (post pandemic/ international safe zones), meeting inspiring people and supporting very worthwhile causes. Accounting for International Development (AfID) is recruiting on behalf of a leading specialist in assurance services for international institutional donors such as the EC, UN, World Bank, DFID . Short audit assignments across the China/ HK region would suit experienced qualified audit professionals with grant audit (or similar) experience, ideally in a not-for-profit/ international development context.
Complete international grant expenditure audits for a diverse range of projects (grant recipients) funded by international donor institutions ranging from emergency aid, to long term development in areas such as agriculture, health and infrastructure and technical research. Assignments are 1-3 weeks in length and can also include countries in the developing world. These are offered on an assignment by assignment basis, one to two months in advance. Please note there is no guaranteed period of work within the contract. Contractors can be based outside the UK in China/ HK.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA or equivalent – 2+ years post qualified experience
- Grant management and audit and reporting experience with international institutions.
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity while working with a hugely diverse range of clients and beneficiaries
- A real interest in international development and associated funding structures
- Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese also beneficial.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills in English.
- Resilience and adaptability
- At least 5 years of relevant audit experience
- Ability to work under pressure; Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Sound technical and analytical skills, report writing and presentation skills
- Passionate about international travel and development and willing to work in international locations. Individual must be prepared to travel to challenging location when it is deemed safe to do so. Individuals must also be able to demonstrate effective past working practices when working remotely with a range of clients.
Please note permanent opportunites may be available to candidates with the right to work in the UK. Please include this as a note on your application.View website
Subscribe to CGDKN
Stay informed with our regular email updates.Subscribe