The internship will be within the UNDP-China Team for China South-South Facility, which specifically focuses on engaging with China in its cooperation with countries and partners outside of China. Over the past decades, China has been increasingly engaging in international development and cooperating as part of China’s wider approach to South-South cooperation increasingly, this cooperation also involves multilateral development agencies. Here, UNDP has been at the forefront since signing a MoU with China in 2010 to expand the on-going domestic engagement of UNDP in China to also increasingly work together with Chinese institutions as part of China’s global engagement. As a result, there are growing interests among general public, research institutes, and media outlets to better understand and get involved in issues related China’s development cooperation, including the role of multilateral organizations in development.
The China South-South Facility of UNDP China office is hiring an intern to provide programme support to both South-South Cooperation Assistant Fund (SSCAF) project and National Implementing Management (NIM) programmes/projects and work in close liaison with other teams within the UNDP China office, with international and local partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the overall project management of the SSC and Eco-development portfolio.
• Data collection, follow up and analysis on project development and South-South cooperation related issues.
• Research, analysis and support to UNDP management and programme teams on SSC and Eco-development issues.
• Assist in the drafting, translation, and proofreading of reports, speeches, project documents, meeting agendas and minutes or other related files etc.
• Preparation of briefs and reports for a range of audiences, including senior management, on specific topics with emphasis on SSC issues.
• Assist in the organization of meetings, events and seminars, and take notes for the team when requested.
• Other duties as assigned, including cross-team administrative tasks when requiredView website
Subscribe to CGDKN
Stay informed with our regular email updates.Subscribe