The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognising its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for complying with its administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF.
The Communications Officer / Senior Communications Officer will support the MCDF develop and execute its communication campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop communications strategies and execute high-quality, multi-channel communication campaigns that bring MCDF’s mission to life; incorporate a data-driven evaluation program to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external business partners to ensure alignment and understanding of media opportunities and issues.
- Collaborate with teams across MCDF to surface stories that demonstrate how MCDF is fulfilling its mandate and turn those stories into compelling content for omnichannel campaigns and outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) managing MCDF’s presence on different media platforms (print, broadcast and digital).
- Conduct speech training. Write, review, and edit communications materials, including speeches, press releases, articles, briefing notes, brochures, and background papers.
- Develop and manage various events to build brand awareness of the MCDF to ensure that communication opportunities are maximised.
- Manage the MCDF website, social media accounts and branding.
- Ensure communications are executed to a standard of excellence and are accurate, engaging, properly positioned, easy to understand, and consistent with MCDF’s brand goals.
- Any other duty assigned by the CEO of the Secretariat.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a corporate communications role at a multilateral development bank or private sector, financial institution, or other relevant organisation.
- Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Up-to-date on best practices in digital channels and visual storytelling.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Keen understanding of how communications contribute to organisational goals.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Written material must be print ready.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing or other related fields from a reputable university.
Subscribe to CGDKN
Stay informed with our regular email updates.Subscribe