HR Officer – UNICEF, China
UNICEF and China have a long history of collaboration. In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF. Between 1948 and 1951, our work in China included child feeding, as well as training to build capacity for maternal and child health care, sanitation and first aid. This training programme later influenced China’s “barefoot doctor” rural healthcare system. Our partnerships in China resumed in 1979. Since that time, we have contributed to many of China’s most significant developments for children. UNICEF China and its government partners work to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children. UNICEF collaborates with many partners to help make those rights a reality in China. UNICEF also plays an important role in advancing research and assembling scientific evidence about children in collaboration with Chinese universities, research centers and policy-making institutions. We support the government to use this data, along with the findings from our pilot programmes, to develop evidence-based policies and laws. UNICEF also partners with the private sector by providing ideas and opportunities for improving the lives of children in China. Children’s rights and welfare are integral to a corporation’s social responsibility to the communities in which it works. We are helping the private sector to develop child’s rights business principles, engage on protecting child rights, and mobilize to make children’s lives better. As a global child rights organization, UNICEF also helps to give a voice to and advocate for children, so that their rights are given the highest priority by all sectors of society. As China’s development moves ahead rapidly, we are increasingly focused on engaging all citizens in China in the mission of promoting and protecting children’s rights.
Under the direct supervision of HR Officer, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide support in the maintenance of HR records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Oversee and support the delivery of onboarding activities for new staff joining UNICEF China, to ensure that relevant processes are followed.
- Collect, analyse and interpret a variety of data on staff recruitment and selec-tion, performance and learning/capacity development requirements, workforce, onboarding, etc., and provide advice and recommendations along with compre-hensive analysis and reports for informative decision-making.
- Provide a range HR management assistance and activities including follow-up actions, resolution of issues and unforeseen situations, to ensure consistency and quality of HR services delivered to clients. Provide support in analysing and responding to internal queries to ensure that clients are well-informed.
- Review and/or prepare a wide range of complex HR documentation to ensure accuracy and meeting established deadlines. Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for in-stance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publica-tions/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenev-er technically possible. Results/Expected Output:
- Through research, analysis and interpretation of policy, carried out under very close super-vision, the incumbent strengthens the supervisor’s capacity in effectively and efficiently executing all human resource services and tasks.
- Accurate information (i.e. intranet), data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis and reporting.
- Technical assistance is provided to the implementation of HR activities through participa-tion and collaboration with internal partners.
- HR services efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up. czr7Nm5 kLFNg
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
- Achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as re-porting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities de-veloped.”
3 years of experience in Human resource management, business management, in-ternational relations, psychology, or another related field
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience at least 3 years in human resource man-agement.
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team.
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences.
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. stud-ies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Fluency in spoken and written in English and Chinese is required, and knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and concepts of human resources management.
- Ability to identify issues, conduct rigorous research, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules.
Subscribe to CGDKN
Stay informed with our regular email updates.Subscribe