WRI China Sustainable Cities program is seeking a dedicated, analytical, results-oriented Research Analyst to provide research and administrative support for projects related to carbon neutral cities. The successful candidate will join a team that will work in a cross-programs and multidisciplinary platform in WRI, with Chinese governmental agencies, research organizations, and universities to (i) produce high-quality research and identify policy options to accelerate subnational actions toward carbon neutrality; (ii) liaise with city and national partners and deliver on-the-ground iconic projects; and (iii) strengthen capacity for implementing carbon neutral cities in China and beyond.
- Conduct desk research and write high-quality research reports to inform policy-making and pilot implementation, abiding with WRI’s standard publication process.
- Coordinate with demonstration cities, provincial governments or national partners to carry out policy research and ensure the quality and impacts of project deliverables.
- Help organize internal/external policy dialogue meetings, international workshops, national conferences, local capacity building workshops, and other dissemination activities to enlarge the influence of the research reports, tools, and models.
- In collaboration with senior level staff, manage outcomes of the projects.
- Write communication collaterals—including blogs, op-eds, or infographics for the research products and pilot projects.
- Provide administrative supports for the project as necessary.
- Master’s degree in urban planning and design, environmental management and planning, environmental engineering, energy planning, or related fields. PhD degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the above fields.
- Proficient with statistical analysis and software (like Stata, SPSS, or R). Modeling and programing skills are a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team spirit with good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, handle multiple priorities and deliver under tight deadlines, with good academic and work ethics.
- Willingness to travel and to concentrate on field work as needed.
Subscribe to CGDKN
Stay informed with our regular email updates.Subscribe